1995 rrc eas

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
1995 RRC

All three EAS switches on the dash to the right of the steering wheel are illuminated all the time. The EAS does not work. Per the owners manual this is due to a "power cable failure" and that the 15amp, #6 fuse in satellite fuse box 2 is burnt. My fuse is good and there is power going through the box.

There is also a red fault light illuminated on the instrument panel (between the RPM and MPH gauges, on the bottom).

Installed a complete new EAS wiring harness and ECU. Prior to this the switches did not illuminate.

From what I can gather only Test Book can read and diagnose EAS faults on the RRC's????

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
at least in your opinion.

one of the first things I had removed when redoing my '94 LWB.
Well... I second his opinion.
We ended up putting the rear airbags back into the LWB, with its separate pump and plumbing. I could not find a set of coils that would work well.

luckyjoe

Oct 10, 2004
New Jersey USA
Understood, I've owned a D1 for many years and am familiar with adjusting a coil spring suspension to your personal needs. However, I do occasionally tow trailers where the self-leveling feature is second to none, and I really prefer the EAS and it's ride height features:

• NORMAL (equal to stock RRC coil springs)
  • LOW PROFILE (dropping 0.8-inches at 50+mph)
  • ACCESS (dropping 2.4-inches for entry/exit)
  • HIGH PROFILE (+1.6-inches)
  • EXTENDED PROFILE (lower a suspended/hanging wheel 2.8-inches from NORMAL when off-road)

In a vehicle as complex (and British) as the 1995 RRC, it's not really that much more to keep on top of...

P38

Mar 8, 2014
Michigan USA
No, you need EAS Unlock Suite from RSW Solutions, specifically for RRC's.

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php/range-rover-classic

You'll need to build a Serial cable to connect, but instructions are included in the above link.

Don't give up, the EAS is worth it.

+1 on this. I have a P38 and have used this and RSW's Youtube vids to diagnose and fix my air suspension. I'd say stick with it too. It's not so bad to fathom and it works really well and if you know the condition isn't any worse than coils, really. They are for folks without the time/patience to work through it and not jump to conclusions about what's working etc. Fixes can be cheap (like the pump refurb kit for $12)