remote shocks

Buddy

Nov 6, 2006
Central NC
Up travel....IMO....is just as important as down.

I agree. However, you own a DII not a buggy. Therefore, if you're running oversize tires with a reasonable lift. You're going to be in the body work long before you'll ever use all that up travel. On a straight hit it's great. But once your axle articulates your tire is going to hit the inner fender within 3-4" of your shock travel. That is the reason I choose to limit my up travel to around 4" or so.

As for the shocks I would look at either Fox 2.0 Emulsion shocks (not the cheap IFP shocks) which will run you roughly $225-$250 each. Or some Bilstein 7100 remote res shocks which will run you around $180 each. IMO the Fox even in an emulsion shock (i.e. non-reservoir) are a better shock than the 7100's. You'll want to valve them heavy. Lot's of information here on numbers for the different shocks.

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
there is a lot more room in the D2 fender than the D1 and you can clear a 35" tire without cutting anything. Extended bumpstops and/or the shaft stops, plus a limit strap of sprong retainers to keep from bottoming ot topping out the shock.

never been a fan of the FOX stuff, always ran Bling's until I built the buggy and am running ADS Shocks now. Terrafirma shocks suck, gone thru 2 rear shocks in under 5k on a 110, with driving it mostly on road and a occasional fire road.