Fuel Pump Replacement w/ non-Rover Pump

best4x4

Mar 1, 2015
Beaumont, TX
I used a Delphi Pump from Auto Zone and I think it was for a 98 Corvette. Dropped right in and it was like 54.00 (exact size & shape). Just used some High Pressure Fuel Line instead of the OEM flex line & made sure when then entire assembly was compressed it didn't kink it.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Some fuel line even if high pressure does not like to be submerged in fuel. If you ever read the specs for fuel line not all works for in the tank. I learned this the hard way. You can get that plastic flex line which I did but its a real pain to get it flexed enough the slide on the pump fittings. They must heat it up some how. I tried boiling water with minimal effect. Think a heat gun may do it but I get paranoid around fuel and don't own one anyway.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
I could find that Gates hose online if I remember but none of the 10 local stores around here had it. Those little plastic hoses were pretty cheap(summit) compared to the gates hose online. I was actually surprised that no locals carried either. Seems in tank pumps are in every car now. Seems auto stores are still focusing on cars built in the 70's and farm trucks.

best4x4

Mar 1, 2015
Beaumont, TX
I agree, I got lucky because my local parts store actually had ordered it for another customer, and he only needed like 3ft. So when I asked them about the line they surprised me with oh I think we've got just what you need, and they did.

I bought like 5ft of it so I'd have some spare hose for any future jobs.