catalytic converter


Active member
May 1, 2004
My cat is rattling on my 97 D1. Atlantic British has new cats for $699. :eek: Any other alternatives like drilling screwin the cat or would it be cheap to weld a universal cat. If so, anyone have the part number?
Oh, yeah-one last question--How long can you drive the truck when the cats start rattling?


Eric N.

Well-known member
Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
You could get an aftermarket set of cats from Rover Connection. The cats and y pipe are $499. You can drive around with your cats like that but, at some point the internals will fall apart and could clog up in your pipe or muffler making a blockage. Not to mention that ( depending where you live ) you may not pass your emissions test in which case you would have to get a new one anyways.

Or you could cut and weld in a new cat ot take it some where and see if they will do it for you ( if you don't have a welder ).