When I tried to remove the 2 long bolts the nuts came right off, but the bolts never turned. I used a jack kinda like above and cheater pipe. All it did was lift the D1 completely off the ground.... I tried drilling them out, I tried heat, I tried hitting them out with a 25LB sledge, and eventually I got one out, but the second one was completely bonded to the middle assembly. I used more heat, let it even soak with the best penetrating lube I could find, and still nothing. I then used a sawzall to basically cut the center part out. Once I did that I was able to remove the parts stuck in the upper arm assembly. It was a complete PITA, but something I shouldn't have to touch for a very long time!