Kneeling NFL players

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Yet somehow the original slaves and the natives have adapted and overcame.

I just got back from a Pow Wow here in NC. Very interesting and nice people there. Something I did notice. Many of the Native Americans were wearing American Flag shirts and every single Craft store had an American flag flying. They are very patriotic it seems.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
And the nfl girls can do what ever the fuck they want, idgaf.
First Amendment protections do not directly extend to the workplace.
Wearing that uniform (like me wearing a black polo with my employer's name on it) pretty much implies I'm representing the company.
I'm not an asshole generally, so I won't act like an asshole while "representing" my employer.
That would be like driving a company truck with the name plastered on the side, and cutting people off and being a dick. Not OK.

Funny, I've seen this sentiment a couple times already in this thread - players should do what they owners want. (LOL - Anyone remember Steinbrenner and the Yankees? No long hair. No beards.)

Well, the owners either don't care or support the players (see: Jacksonville, Dallas, Washington)

So, your point comes down to - YOU don't like it, therefore the owners shouldn't either. But apparently, they don't give a shit, so stop framing this as they players are doing something their owner(s) don't like.

It really sounds like they didn't really like the kneeling in general, but when Trump singled out the NFL, they gave a collective "Fuck you" to him. (Anyone really think Goodell would make the statement he did without (at least some of) the owners approval? )

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Here's a neat thing about "free speech" that seems to be missed by a great many people...

You, as an American Citizen, have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT to say whatever you want about whatever you want.
I ABSOLUTELY believe in that right.
I, as an American Citizen, also have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT to pay no attention to you whatsoever.

See how that works?
I support your right to say whatever.
I DO NOT have to agree with what you have to say.
I am NOT required to to listen to you, either.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Funny, I've seen this sentiment a couple times already in this thread - players should do what they owners want. (LOL - Anyone remember Steinbrenner and the Yankees? No long hair. No beards.)

Well, the owners either don't care or support the players (see: Jacksonville, Dallas, Washington)

So, your point comes down to - YOU don't like it, therefore the owners shouldn't either. But apparently, they don't give a shit, so stop framing this as they players are doing something their owner(s) don't like.

It really sounds like they didn't really like the kneeling in general, but when Trump singled out the NFL, they gave a collective "Fuck you" to him. (Anyone really think Goodell would make the statement he did without (at least some of) the owners approval? )

Scott,

It's my understanding the Game Operations Manual states players must stand not wear their helmets with hand over their heart. Now, it's up to the NFL to enforce this. Not the Rulebook, the Operation manual, AKA Employee Handbook. Now, can we put a fork in this? Oh yea, they must ATTEND the Anthem as well.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
Here's how that "shit" affects the quality of your work:
If you think you should be allowed to wear what-the-fuck-ever you want while I'm paying you, you don't have the focus and maturity to understand that "it's not about you".
Grow the fuck up.
Call me in 10 years.

I never said I should be able to wear whatever the fuck. I just have strong issues with "just because" rules.

R.e. your black uniform. That makes sense. You are, I assume, customer facing and preform duties where you want to be easily identified as a team member. These reasons are likely similar to the reasons I had to wear khakis and a purple polo every day when I worked grounds crew at a fancy golf course.

My other 15 years of post-college employment is as a web/windows software dork who never saw customers. I've worn shorts and a T-shirt (weather permitting) for about 12 of those.

Those other 3 years I had to wear "business casual" weren't so bad other than Emerson, where you needed a collar and who only let you wear jeans on Friday's. The manufacturing sector across the hall wore jeans and T-shirts all the time, but the cubicle farmers had to be more dignified, I guess "just because".

Regardless, I did not preform any differently, was not less distracting, or more mature for those 3 years.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Nope.
I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck.

Personally, I stand for the National Anthem.
You (and the NFL or whoever) can do what the fuck ever you want.

My point (which you missed) is when you're at work, you can't just do whatever the fuck you want.
Your employer has some rules.
The employers can set what rules they set.
My employer has a set of rules I AGREED TO FOLLOW.
I could work somewhere else.

If the team owners don't care what their employees do while they are on the clock, that's up to them.

I don't own a football team.

I will say, having watched a couple minutes of the Stillers game on sunday, if the guy from the other team who stopped running before he crossed the goal line and had the ball stripped away worked for me, he'd spend the rest of the season on the bench.
Because, FOCUS.
The fuck, dude.
5 more yards.
Do your job.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
I never said I should be able to wear whatever the fuck. I just have strong issues with "just because" rules.
I have YUUGE issues with "just because" rules.
And with stupid fucking laws.
And so on.

All the asshats going on about "I'm burning my team jersey" or whatever...
Fucking twats.
STOP buying products from companies that support things you disagree with.
Hit them in the wallet.
"Vote" with your wallet.

I'm not OK with the google, or starbucks, as 2 (of a great many) examples.
I do not use the google.
I do not buy coffee from starbucks.
You want starbucks?
Good for you.
You want to google?
Good for you.

You do what you want, I do what I want.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
So Trump just Tweeted this. You don't think he knows there is already a rule in place and using this tweet to get it reported on and, in turn, make the NFL look like a bunch of Bozos? Sure as hell does.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912664574461120512">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here is the rule from the operations manual:

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-r...l-anthem-rule/

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
So Trump just Tweeted this. You don't think he knows there is already a rule in place and using this tweet to get it reported on and, in turn, make the NFL look like a bunch of Bozos? Sure as hell does.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912664574461120512">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here is the rule from the operations manual:

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-r...l-anthem-rule/

So what? Apparently the NFL doesn't give a shit what he thinks.

And pretty funny that the guy who is all up in arms about this:

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

Didn't care nearly as much about this:
dims

Wake up man - you're being played for the fool by Bozo the Clown.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
So what? Apparently the NFL doesn't give a shit what he thinks.

And pretty funny that the guy who is all up in arms about this:

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

Didn't care nearly as much about this:
dims

Wake up man - you're being played for the fool by Bozo the Clown.

You do realize all the cowboys stood for the Anthem?

Also, Jerry Jones is about sitting on the fence here, follow the money. Here he is before the stunt making sure the camera gets him in focus. Now, who's being played again?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dZjkKb7CciI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Oh, you're right...they didn't take a knee, en mass, with Jerry Jones, to protest Trump...they just did it for giggles.

Get real.

You're still being played.

What's up with your Tiki Torches? I hope they don't ban those, they look nice during my BBQ parties.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
So why do your shoes need to be shine-able?

Non-smooth texture affects focus and maturity?
Because too many fucksticks would wear tennis shoes.
Or some nasty-ass boots.
With "dockers" or "business casual" pants.
Which is not a "we're the best people you could have hired to do this" sort of look.

The reality is if you look like shit, people won't take you seriously.
Maybe that's not fair. It's probably rayciss or something.

We're not plumbers or landscapers.
We don't wear jeans or shitkicker boots TO WORK.
Dress the part.

Is it a bullshit rule?
Probably.

As I told my daughter about the "don't use this hair dryer in the tub" sticker, this exists because someone did it.

I didn't have to be told about my shoes.
When they said, "business casual" and/or "dockers & polo", the decent shoes was just a no-brainer.
Aside from not having been raised by cave-dwellers, my wife would have said "dude, really?"

Ask your mom if you look okay if you live in her basement.

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
What's up with your Tiki Torches? I hope they don't ban those, they look nice during my BBQ parties.

It's sad (SAD?) that Tiki had to put out a statement that they are not affiliated with white nationalism.

People are way too Fucking uptight.

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
Ask your mom if you look okay if you live in her basement.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Do I dress well enough to live in her basement?

Ask her if my attire is suitable because I've there currently?

Regardless, Hawaii homes don't have basements dude.